Friday, August 17, 2012

Mid Valley Carpark Incident

Today, 17/08/2012 approximately 1-2pm, I went Mid Valley done my grocery and I was about to leave, and the moment I pushed the trolley out of the mall I realized I'd forgotten the place I parked. And yes this is only first or second time I park in Mid Valley instead The Gardens. The Gardens used to be my favorite parking area compares Mid Valley because they have far more organized parking slots then. I was in Mid Valley today because I had something to do here, yet I was with my mom and I thought it'll be okay and at least someone with me in the carpark lot as the crimes in shopping mall has arose anyway.

Okay, we were with a full trolley of grocers goods, handbags, iPads. For the very first 10mins we took a stroll in the carpark and thought we could have find our car ourselves, but we didn't manage so. I wasn't panic in the first place because I thought I can always look for the guards and the friendly helpful guard could always pop out for my needs. We saw a few and I approached the first one, I talked to him in both Malay & English, but it seems he doesn't understand at all, and the only word came out from his mouth was NO. NO, NO, NO. I then muttered why on earth the guard doesn't understand? Mom calmed me patiently and said, aiyo look for another lo.

Fine. We found another one stood right in front of the mall entrance and I approached this guard again. Well same case happened. I told him I am sorry I forgotten my carpark place, could you please help me find my car? He shrugged and said NO. I tried again and asked, can you help me to get some other guards help if you couldn't leave your station? "NO" he answered. I started to get a little mad with myself, I should have remember the parking number on the wall instead asking all these useless men! Well my mom said, try, try ask again in Malay maybe? Or maybe ask them send a guard with motor so that he can helps rounding and scouts for our car? "NO" is what I got after I tried asking many questions for help.

I renounced with the help I could actually get from the security guards in a big and famous shopping mall. All I can do now is to scout myself. My first question, are they hired here with the duty of standing right in front of a mall entrance and dawdle around? I don't know.

I then started to push the heavily stuffed trolley with mom on my high heels frantically. I must be gone round the bend, I think. This is so impossible for me to walk the whole Mid Valley carpark myself. The guards here left me no choice, I darted from one place to another like a silly cat with an elder lady (my mom), I was so damn afraid of crimes that happened in the malls carpark recently. And just right after the moment I thought of the crimes thingy, I saw a motorist steering slowly to us. And heck! This is my first time seen motor appeared in a carpark! Maybe I'm wrong, but I never seen any motors parking lot nearby, and the area I was walking were full of cars, non motors I can ever seen. Second question, aren't motorist has their own parking lots? Maybe I had experience bag snatcher before and that alerted me anyway. I grabbed my bag tightly, posed readily to run or to hide. I then saw a guard standing near another entrance, I waved to the guard and pretended asking him where is the Zone-A, the guard pointed another side then kept quiet. Maybe I'd alarmed the guard to noticed the motorist or maybe not, the motorist drove quickly and passby in front of me immediately.

Well sometimes I might be over sensitive, maybe it's just a normal motorist? But again, if yes why would he appears in carpark but not motor parking lots? He has no reason to passby that area doesn't it? Moreover, why would he steered in slow pace and fast after I shouted?

I will forward my this salivary story to Mid Valley Management and hope they pay more attention on it. The crimes in Malaysia has arose rapidly and we should do something to protect ourselves before its too late. Amen.

No comments: